Features and Benefits
The RUCKUS ICX 7450 delivers unprecedented scale-out density with enterprise-class availability. With SDN support, a service module for IPsec VPN, and 40 GbE ports for uplinks all in a stackable design, these switches enable services to be added anywhere in the network.
The ICX 7450 is an ideal network solution for campus networks requiring 1 GbE access or small aggregation deployments with upgradeable 1GbE, 10 GbE or 40 GbE uplink modules. The switch also makes a suitable data center Top-of-Rack (ToR) solution, providing a ToR access-layer that can be upgraded to run on 10GbE/40GbE in the future with minimum costs and changes to cabling.
The modular design of the switch enables deployment of additional services such as high-performance IPsec encryption to meet increasing compliance and data security requirements.
- Up to 3 uplink modules with 4 x 1 GbE, 4 x 10 GbE, or 1 x 40 GbE ports
- 40 GbE standards-based stacking links – no proprietary cables needed
- PoE/PoE+/PoH (95W) to power video surveillance, VDI terminals, and HD displays
- Expansion slots accept modules with different uplink speeds and services
- Site-to-site IPsec VPN service module eliminates dedicated encryption devices
- Programmable hardware technology, enabling more features to be added to IPsec VPN deployments
- Suite B algorithms and support for 128-bit and 256-bit AES
- 10 Gbps throughput per service module
- Up to 12 switches per stack
- Up to 10km between stacked switches
- Stacking connectivity through open standard SFP+ or QSFP+ ports – no special cables needed
- Stack level ISSU for continuous operations
- Works seamlessly with RUCKUS Wi-Fi access points
- RUCKUS SmartZone and RUCKUS Cloud support delivers unified wired & wireless management