In 2010, we committed to reduce our greenhouse
gas (GHG) emissions from large manufacturing facilities (LMFs)—those larger than
70.000 square feet—by 65 percent by the end of 2020, measured in metric tons of
carbon dioxide equivalents (CO2e) against the 2008 baseline.
CommScope surpassed this 2020 ambitious goal in 2015, with a
77 percent decrease from the 2008 baseline.
The reduction came five years ahead of schedule and was
accomplished thanks to the tireless efforts of environmentally conscious
employees at facilities worldwide over the past eight years.
CLICK TO TWEET: Learn how CommScope reduced its greenhouse gas emissions by 77%, ahead of schedule, by reading Zuzana Pospechova's blog.
Varios proyectos e iniciativas clave ayudaron enormemente a reducir nuestras emisiones de gases invernaderos:
- Reduciendo nuestra dependencia del agente de soplado C318 en la producción de cables e introduciendo un agente alternativo con mucho menos potencial de calentamiento global (GWP, por sus siglas en inglés)
- Ajustando los compresores y las configuraciones de los sistemas de aire comprimido
- Optimizando la instalación de los equipos
- Reemplazando los sistemas de iluminación antiguos por luces LED e instalando sensores de luz
- Reemplazando los refrigerantes de aire acondicionado con alto GWP por mejores alternativas
CommScope expanded its reporting scope and set up a new GHG emissions reduction goals in early 2017 to reflect the company's acquisition of part of TE Connectivity's business in mid-2015 and following the integration activities in 2016. The 2016 numbers serve as the company's new baseline. The expanded reporting scope includes manufacturing, administration and design facilities as well as distribution centers, company owned truck fleet and aviation.
GHG emissions reduction goals/targets:
absolute GHG emissions by 25 percent by the end of 2020 against 2016 baseline.
[measured in metric tons of CO2e]
normalized GHG emissions by 25 percent by the end of 2020 against 2016 baseline.
[measured in metric tons of CO2e/hrs
In 2017, CommScope achieved a 10 percent reduction in
absolute GHG emissions and a 9,8 percent reduction in normalized GHG emissions.
CommScope will keep working toward decreasing its
environmental impact and creating a more sustainable environment worldwide.