Bienvenido a la nueva experiencia del sitio web de CommScope.com. ¿Necesita ayuda? Obtener ayuda
OneCell® expands indoor wireless potential for LTE and 5G
OneCell enables mobile network operators to meet the growing demand for reliable LTE and 5G services where they matter most—indoors. The innovative cloud-RAN small cell architecture creates a single intelligent “super” cell inside commercial buildings and public spaces. No individual cell borders means no handovers or interference, for high-capacity, high reliability and ultra-low latency performance. OneCell deploys over standard Ethernet LANs. With OneCell, wireless operators can now meet the soaring demand for mobile data—now and in the future—while offloading traffic from their macro networks.
The baseband controller is responsible for performing all baseband processing and scheduling, and coordinates the transmitter and receiver functions across all Radio Points. By pooling all baseband processing and employing cell virtualization technology, it creates a single physical cell that delivers multi-sector throughput—transmit and receive—without border handovers or interference.
Radio points transmit and receive radio frequency (RF) signals over the air and perform some layer-1 baseband processing. This edge intelligence enables advanced features such as cell virtualization, joint transmit/receive and user location awareness for emergency services. Operators can choose from two radio point solutions, both are available in indoor and rugged-form factors.
RP2000 Series is a highly compact, single-carrier, single-frequency solution. The frequency is software-selectable, enabling the operator to change frequency bands without touching the hardware.
RP5000 Series is a multi-carrier, multi-channel solution that supports up to four frequency bands simultaneously. It incorporates programmable logic, allowing operators to convert existing LTE bands to 5G NR. RP5000 models will also support 28 GHz and 39 GHz mmWave bands, CBRS and C-band in the US, and 3.5 GHz 5G bands in Europe and the rest of the world.
Ethernet cabling and switches
OneCell operates on standard Gigabit Ethernet links and off-the-shelf Ethernet switches. As a turnkey partner, CommScope can provide all the cabling and switching needed. This enables operators to streamline ordering, deployment and project management, saving time and money.
Device Management System (DMS)
The DMS enables automated provisioning and on-going support for the OneCell solution. The DMS features an its easy-to-use dashboard and can automatically configure over 100 key network and RF parameters. Its scalable architecture is capable of supporting thousands of devices.
Open interfaces and virtualized network functions for 5G
- Virtualized 5G NR baseband functions: this allows baseband functions to run on x86-based server platforms anywhere in the network to support 5G network slicing – virtual end-to-end networks customized for each application requirement. For example, capacity-related control plane functions can be centralized for efficient pooling, while data and media delivery user plane functions can be pushed to the edge for low latency.
- O-RAN 7.2x fronthaul interface: This allows fronthaul over Ethernet. CommScope implements innovations such as single cell operation and Cell Virtualization on top of the 7.2x interface. These are critical to meeting the requirements of enhanced mobile broadband and ultra-reliable low latency communication 5G use cases.
- Open Network Automation Platform (ONAP) framework support: This enables native management of OneCell under the O-RAN Alliance’s O1 Operations and Maintenance (OAM) interface specification. ONAP simplifies on-boarding, provisioning, orchestration and management for operators by providing a common framework across all network elements and services.
Features and Benefits:
- Open interface strategy to support 5G network architecture and deployment practices
- User-centric design: Optimizes performance based on user behaviors instead of space requirements
- Edge intelligence: Responds to changes in user location and behavior to support value-added services
- Ethernet fronthaul: Deploys as easily as Wi-Fi, using standard Ethernet cabling/switches to eliminate complex configuration and radio frequency planning
- Programmable radios: Migrates from LTE to 5G NR—via software upgrade
- Cell virtualization: Allows frequency sharing among users that multiplies system capacity. It is also critical to maximize system performance for enhanced mobile broadband and ultra-reliable low-latency communication 5G use cases
- Macro-/core-network friendly: Streamlines interfaces for better performance, easier deployment
Brochure: Cell virtualization briefLearn what cell virtualization is all about in this brief.
White Paper: Multi-operator small cells for neutral hostsThis paper covers the role of neutral hosts in delivering multi-operator in-building wireless services, and explains how OneCell C-RAN small cells meet their requirements.